Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dragonshard Problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Stabicron

Stabicron

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Recently bought the game Dragonshard and well its pretty much unplayable. It installs ok, and for the first run anyways it does run however, after that it will not run at all it just crashes to the desktop without an error msg or sometimes the microsoft "Program has encountered an error and needs to close" happens. Have tried patching it and well the patcher doesn't run unless I reboot and even when I finally do get it to work it still fails to run the game. Kinda sad really my system exceeds its minimum requirements and looking around the net for an answer seems to point at Atari just making a really buggy game and not caring enough to fix it with a *working* patch. As far as I can tell it is not spyware or virus *ad-aware, spybot, and avast antivirus turns up nothing*, it just seems to be a badly coded game and a developer that just don't care.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and maybe *hopefully* found a way to fix it that they would be willing to share.

System Specs:
Windows XP Pro SP2
1 GB of RAM
2.2 Ghz Pentium 4
GeForce FX 5200 64MB Vid Card
Sound Blaster Live! Sound Card

Edited by Stabicron, 14 March 2006 - 02:08 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
understand that this is a 2 year old game that has been replaced by Dungeons and Dragons online.

Stabicron

Stabicron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
But isn't D&D online an online only game and worse a pay to play online only? *is most of the reason I did get Dragonshard is the fact it has an offline mode and is a RTS, heh don't have the cash to support a pay to play game*

Edited by Stabicron, 16 March 2006 - 09:21 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
yep, unfortunately. I love RTS games, but haven't found any lately worth playing other than warhammer 40000.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
not something that we recomend due to the very high risk of getting infected. recommend a spyware and viri check on your system.

Stabicron

Stabicron

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

not something that we recomend due to the very high risk of getting infected. recommend a spyware and viri check on your system.

Did a scan on the files before I bothered installing. Used spybot, adaware, and avast. All three gave the thumbs up, so doubt any of that was included. Yeah I knew the risks before I went that route so I scanned it many many times, in many different ways on a quarenteen partition *a partition that windows isn't even on*.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
due to the unorthodox solution and its high risk factor, not to mention that we don't support waraz, cracks, ect
I removed the post regarding your solution. I am glad it worked for you, however this isn't something that We can allow to be viewed by everyone else.

Thank you and best of luck enjoying the game.

starjax