I had this computer built and received it yesterday from the architect. Listed are relevant parts:
- ABIT Motherboard AN8 32X nVIDIA nFORCE4 SLI X16 CHIPSET SERIAL ATA300 ATX FORM FACTOR 2xPCI-E(X16)/2xPCI-E(X1)/2xPCI/4xDDR W/SATA RAID,LAN(Gb),1394,USB 2.0 & AUDIO.
- AMD ATHLON 64 X2 4400+ (ADA4400CDBOX) DUAL CORE W/1MB X 2 CACHE 90NM (TOLEDO) 64-BIT SOCKET 939 RETAIL BOXED W/COOLING FAN (3 YEARS WARRANTY).
- CORSAIR TWINX2048-3200 2GB KIT (1GB x 2) MATCHED PAIR 400MHZ 3-3-3-8 184-PIN DDR DIMM W/HEAT SPREADER
- SEAGATE 500GB ST3500641AS SATA300 7200RPM 8MB hard drive.
- ATI RADEON X800GT 256MB PCI EXPRESS DDR3 DUAL DVI HDTV #X800GT256MB R480 Core Technology OEM video card.
***Wireless Network Card added too, but not listed here.
Here is the setup, and problem:
I have a Mac Mini:
PowerPC G4 (1.2), 1.42 GHz, 512 KB L2 Cache, and 256 MB memory, BS - 167 MHz.
***There is no Bluetooth wireless on this Mac Mini, only USB and ethernet.
I am using a Motorola SURFboard Cable Modem with ComCast HSDSL.
I have a DI-524 D-Link Wireless Router, H/W Vers. A-1.
I have the new custom built PC that I am desperately trying to get connected.
Currently the Mac Mini is cruising the internet via ethernet, with the router not currently being used.
I have tried a series of combinations today:
1) When I use the Mac Mini as the hub, the PC picks up a strong wireless signal, and says "connected to default server" but I am unable to go online using the PC. Of note, the Mac Mini will not connect to the internet in this setting. Zero Internet
2) When I use the Mac Mini as the hub, I mentioned that there is no internet connection although every light is green. When I plug an ethernet cord from the PC into the router slot 2, I am still unable to get internet on either computer. Zero Internet
3) When I use the PC as the hub, there is no connection to the PC and when I plug an ethernet cord into the router from the Mac, I cannot get online. Zero Internet
4) When I plug in the PC directly to the Cable modem, no connection. Zero Internet
**The only way I can currently get online is to use my Mac Mini, plugged, via ethernet, into the cable modem.
I suspect there may be an easy fix to this, so I am calling on you gurus to lend a helping hand. I should note
that the idea of hooking the router up correctly is of the upmost importance, as my roommate moves in soon
and has a wireless Powerbook. He is anxious to get online as well.