Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Security!

• Please log in to reply

JoNNiE - D

JoNNiE - D

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Wich is better

AVG 7.1 pro

Norton Internet Security 2006

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Avast! and AVG both offer free and Pro editions that will be far better then Norton. Another very good one is NOD32.

Believe me...you don't want Norton. It's glitchy, slow, and extremely resource heavy.

wannabe1

macten

macten

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 638 posts
Norton and McAfee products are causing all kinds of problems. I've used both free AVG and Avast. Avast wins....hands down. I can't speak for the paid versions though......

steelydan

steelydan

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
i have to second the NOD32 recomendation....it rocks....

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
Hello,

For a professional opinion, visit Applications for Windows for a lost of The Computer Company's reccomended and tested software. On a side note: As a personal opinion, I reccomend AVG Free Edition, it's not bluky, not full of glitches, free, easy to use, and many more benefits.

Paul

mcpscomp

mcpscomp

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 180 posts
Norton is pain. too heavy to run and painfull to rid of. Tried AGV work good on most machine but screw up couple. all mine now are running ANTIVIR personal version. caugh more viruses than norton and very easy on machines, can't even tell when it running.