Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Internet Explorer losing connection after a little while

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am sure this is an easy setting but here it goes. I start my computer and I can log onto the internet no problems but if and when I let it sit for about a half hour or so then try to get on the internet again I cant seem to get a connection. I tried to repair my LAN connection in network places but it still cant connect. The ony way for me to reconnect is to restart the computer. Then everything is fine again as long as I stay on the internet with out letting it sit idle for about 30 mins.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
hello and welcome to geekstogo,
try this fix, on your tool bar you'll see two computer moniters (the pasrt of the computer that has a display like a TV) and might be flshging if there is any activity. Please right click on them. After doing so left click on open network connections. There you'll see an icon or two, right click on the one with your ISP (your internet provider), then left click properties. There you should see options. Click on this then go to the bottom of that window, and you'll see something that'll say the following "idle time before hanging up" beside this there will be a drop down menu, click on this and left click never.
This should clear up your problem, if you don't understand anything please post back and i'd be more then happy to help you out furthur.