Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Antivirus

• Please log in to reply

Instant

Instant

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Recently, there have been various pop ups from Norton Antivirus 2004 saying:

Error: "Norton AntiVirus has encountered an internal program error . . ." (3029,14)

It asks me to uninstall and re-install Norton Antivirus. I've been using it for a while, and can't really complain, although it is rather slow. I'll probably have to end up uninstalling it, but should I still use it? Many have told me that Norton is one of the worst antivirus programs out there. I have ZoneAlarms Security Suite, which has antivirus abilities, but can't be used along with Norton Antivirus. If I uninstall Norton, should I just replace it with the ZoneAlarms virus protection?

Thanks

Edited by Instant, 14 March 2006 - 10:03 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
to resolve the technical issue you will need to uninstall and reinstall the software.

yes norton is a resource hog. it does its job well enough though. I recently moved from norton to avg. its free and does a pretty good job. The only thing I don't like about it is that it requires a reboot when it updates the program (not just the definitions).

zone alarm antivirus is new enough that we don't have any data on it.

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
A reply! Woot!

Thanks, I guess I'll just replace it for now. Thanks for the info.