Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Constant cycling as tho something trying to start up.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I keep hearing the computer make a noise like something is trying to start up. Over and over and over and over - with maybe 10-12 seconds between. I know it couldn't be good for the computer!

This is what I have done so far:

1. Right clicked the Dell Support icon in the task bar and ran the maintenance button. No problems there.

2. Checked the CD holder - empty.

3. Updated and Ran everything in my housekeeping folder: Registry Mechanic, AVG, Spybot, Spysweeper, XCleaner, eTrust PestPatrol, Disk Cleanup.

4. Pressed ctrl,alt,delete to check CPU usage. Nothing seems wrong there.

5. Finally, turned off the computer (correctly, I might add), unplugged my DSL and also unplugged the computer from the wall. Waited a couple of minutes and turned it all back on.

Still cycling.

Any suggestions?