This is what I have done so far:
1. Right clicked the Dell Support icon in the task bar and ran the maintenance button. No problems there.
2. Checked the CD holder - empty.
3. Updated and Ran everything in my housekeeping folder: Registry Mechanic, AVG, Spybot, Spysweeper, XCleaner, eTrust PestPatrol, Disk Cleanup.
4. Pressed ctrl,alt,delete to check CPU usage. Nothing seems wrong there.
5. Finally, turned off the computer (correctly, I might add), unplugged my DSL and also unplugged the computer from the wall. Waited a couple of minutes and turned it all back on.