Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automatic Clicking

• Please log in to reply

Instant

Instant

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Is there a program that can click for you automatically? One that doesn't use macros, but sends the click directly through the mouse, as if it were a real click.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What do you mean by automatic clicking can you clarify a bit more, why do you want such a thing?

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Well, after a just a couple of days use, my mouse button seems to have worn out. Instead of replacing it, I'm wondering if theres a program that can click when I need it to (maybe by keyboard, or just turning the program on). The reason I need it to be directly sent is that several fullscreen programs won't allow clicks that aren't through the mouse, thus the reason why I can't use macros.

By the way, I found an old trackball mouse (I miss the red laser one now...), so if theres nothing able to help me, at least I'll have a backup solution.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Hmm a wierd prediciment there might be ill take a look in the morning, ive never came across that problem if the mouse goes wonky i just use the keyboard. Or get another mouse idealy.

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Heh, thats the easiest solution. But the family tends to wear down the mouse quickly...its not the first time its happened. Thanks for the help so far.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Ill see what i can find when i get back from uni, im sure there must be a way to trick it into it only question is wether i can find it.
You could always completely remove the mouse and tech the rest of the family how to use the keyboard lol, they last longer.
Easiest solution is to get a good quality mouse, cheap mouses dont last if you get a good one though it should last alot longer.

Edited by warriorscot, 16 March 2006 - 05:39 AM.

Instant

Instant

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
OK thanks. I guess if you can't find a solution, I'll just go buy one ^^.