Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Acting weird

• Please log in to reply

Kraze311

Kraze311

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Well, I recently got a new video card. I got a GeForce 5700 FX PCI 128mb. I installed it and everything, downloaded the drivers but something weird happens. Every time i restart my comp, the monitor has lines and they all are weird colors and stuff. I have my monitor plugged into the card like it should be. To fix this, I have to open up my case, and mess with the card quiet a bit. I have to take it in and out and put it in weird and stuff. I'm pretty sure its not the cards fault but these are some of the things I've heard and thought of.

- I have a integrated built in video card. I can't disable it so I just uninstalled it in the drivers, maybe it is interfering?

- Maybe my processor doesn't accept it?

Any ideas?

I have an AMD Sempron 3000+
2.0 GHz
756mb ram
GeForce 5700 PCI 128mb

Edited by Kraze311, 14 March 2006 - 11:57 PM.

Advertisements