Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows Media Center Fails at 60%

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been trying to install Windows Media Center Edition 2005 for about 3 months now. I have installed Windows 3.1, 2000, 98, XP, etc hundreds of times. I just purchased new hardware for a media center that I built that I am going to load Windows MCE 2005 on. I can run the install (First part XP, second part MCE) During the first part of the install while the computer is copying files, it fails at about 60% and says that it cannot load the `ssenh.dll file(yep thats what file it is looking for). I have tried using different disk and still to no avail. I ended up using Windows MCE 2004 but I still want to get 2005 on it. I have checked that all hardware is compatible. BTW I can skip that file and continue to install windows successfully, But after the install I am unable to perform a windows update and/or access ma ny websites.