Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop-Up Blocked

• Please log in to reply

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
I was a quick question? When I go to AOL.com and i click on compose mail another window pops up like its supose to but it makes this noise like its being blocked and then the window goes away, but if I clicked the link like a bunch of times in a row then the window pops up and it works fine. I have turned off my pop-up blocker to see if that was the cause of this and that didn't work, I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what might be causing this.Thanks allot

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi wadeb_21...

Try pressing the Ctrl key when you click on the link...does this allow the pop-up to display?

wannabe1

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Hi wadeb_21...

Try pressing the Ctrl key when you click on the link...does this allow the pop-up to display?

wannabe1

Wannabe1 thanks for the reply. I actually just tried that and its still doing the same thing. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks allot

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
What browser are you using? Do you have a third party add blocker installed? How about Norton Internet Security...is it installed?

wadeb_21

wadeb_21

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

What browser are you using? Do you have a third party add blocker installed? How about Norton Internet Security...is it installed?

I'm using Internet Explorer. I do not have third party add blocker I'm using the one that explorer provides. As far as Norton I don't have that either.