Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shut down problem

• Please log in to reply

CVH

CVH

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello, my dad just got a new cpu. The hijack log looks good. However he has a problem, "When I go to shut down, I get a message that the computer is working to close a program:

DTUSBMONITOR.EXE

I click on "Close Now" and the computer shuts down. If I don't click on anything, the computer just waits until I DO click to close this program. This is irritating, to say the least."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
does he have a usb wireless adapter connected to the computer (made by a company called DT or that has t he initials DT? sorry don't know the exact company name right now but i'll try to find it if i need to )

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes he has a wireless adaptor he's in Germany so I dont know the name.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
DTUSBMONITOR.EXE
that is the DT usb wireless card monitor program....have him completely uninstall the card and reinstall all the drivers and software for it and see if it fixes the problem

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Thanks he is going to looovvvve that lol. Will post if it fixes problem and thanks again.

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok problem two. On my dads HP computer he has a T Sinus 111 DSL box wireless from telecom in Germany. When he goes to shut down the computer he gets a message that says DTUSBmonitor.exe ending program. You can either click end now or wait for it to try and end itelf. If the working line finishes than you get an error that says not reponding and you still have to click end now. This is very annoying and happens everytime you go to shut down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok I have removed and re installed the card. I relinstalled the drivers and software. It still didnt help. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.