Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE 6.0 Vs Mozilla firefox

• Please log in to reply

tenzi

tenzi

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
hi all,
just the other day my frd told me that firefox is way much better than IE and since then i been checking differences between the two in here (forum). and it looks mozilla much better ....
Is it true that IE strore up all your details and also check what you been browsing ( i mean all of the pages that i had viewed is been store in their server... ) .
I had already installe mozilla in my computer now how do i uninstalled the IE from my computer and there is this one option in tool: Read Mail .. when i clicked on it it automatically opens yahoo mail pages in IE .. how do i make it open in mozilla too..

Thank You Alll

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you don't want to uninstall IE...it's neccessary for many reasons (especialy your windows updates which you can't do through firefox)...the question of which is better is as old a question as possible...the short answer is it depends on: how you use each browser, how you configure each browser, how smart you are about your surfing, and how well protected your computer is against intrusion.

I.E. can be as good (if not better) as firefox when configured propertly. if you have a good firewal, good av program, good antimalware program, and practice safe surfing habits then IE is as safe as firefox and as easy to use.

firefox tends to get the reputation of being better than I.E. for two reasons
#1 microsoft didn't make it (which to some means it's better by default)
#2 it's pretty well configured from the first install...it's generally more secure out of the box, and alot less prone to spyware infections (almost no spyware written for it)...

it all comes down to personal preferences...i've got my I.E. configured Exactly how i want it and i prefer it to firefox...but that's just me....i say just play around with both and see how you like it..