Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory

• Please log in to reply

jwardy07

jwardy07

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
hiya peeps, i got a given a puter. but its missin memory ram, just wonderin if u guys can help, its not the sorta memory i norm use its got 3 parts to it, heres a piccy

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00045.JPG

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
go to www.crucial.com and enter the info for your motherboard..they will tell you what ram is compatable and they will offer to sell it to you at a very fair price

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
thanx for that info, but i also do not know wat motherboard it is, theres no information on the motherboard to be able to tell what motherbaord it is.

jamie

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
usually the motherboard make and model is written inbetwen the pci slots (i believe between slot's 2 and 3...but not sure)....if not...is this a custom machine? or a prebuilt job.

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
ye its pre-built :-(, its not a good machine, but was free so why not lol, urm it says MS6178 VER:1.1

doesnt mean much to me, but ill have a go on that site, thats for help

jamie

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's a microstar board (MSI) so on crucial it would be under msi then model number 6178

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.crucial.c...-6178&submit=Go that should be the board..looks like it only supports up to 512 unbuffered pc100 sdram

jwardy07

jwardy07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
thanx guys most appreiciated

jamie