Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help with win xp instalation

• Please log in to reply

puxxx

puxxx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hey guys - i have a big problem! yesterday i was reinstalling my windowsxp and suddenly the lights went off in the middle of instalation! so when the lights came back my laptop was [bleep]ed! tried to start everything again but something is missing or curropted or somethin'! if i choose option start win is says file system32\hal.dll.is missing, if i choose start win setup then it stops in the middle and says that file aic78xx.sys is missing or somethin and then when u push the any button everything restarts!
any ideas? the problem is that i dont have any boot cd's or something! please help cuz i'm seriously pissed!

Edited by puxxx, 15 March 2006 - 01:16 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hmmm...
If you were in the middle of installing windows when it crashed, why don't you just reformat the drive and start the installation over?

Edited by makai, 15 March 2006 - 02:34 PM.