here are the specs that are relevant to the setup.
Asus a8n-sli motherboard
2x7800gtx in SLI
2x512mb ocz platinum
Danger Den liquid cooling system
The liquid cooling system (blocks, radiator, and pump) is setup correctly.
The monitor is plugged into the primary pci-e card.
The dvi cable is securely connected to the monitor as well as the gfx card.
1. It doesnt matter which video card i connect the monitor to, it still doesnt work
2. I tried two different monitors, one that is vga, and the other that is DVI digital on each gfx card.
3. the sli bridge is secure, the pci-e pins that go into the gfx cards are secure, and the gfx card are secured into the pci-e slots.
4. the motherboard powers on, the cooling system is circulating normally, and all the drives power on normally upon startup.
5. I noticed that the gfx card on the bottom has a miniature heatsink missing (although it probably isnt enough to stop the card from functioning; i thought i should add it just in case).
note: the 7800gtx has numerous miniature heatsinks all over it
and thats pretty much it. If you have any idea on what may be keeping the gfx card from sending a signal to my monitor. please let me know. its been like this for over a week now and its driving me insane.