Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problems with time changing after fresh install of win xp

• Please log in to reply

jcherry117

jcherry117

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have just completed a fresh install of windows xp and now everytime I reboot my computer the time goes to the 1600's. Can anyone help?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
1600s, as in date or time as in 16:00

Windows grabs the time and date from the BIOS, but I have never known a bios to even allow a 1600s date.

Be that as it may, enter bios (sometimes called system setup) and check the system date there

This is usually achieved by hitting the f1, f2 or del key at boot up during the memory count

jcherry117

jcherry117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I know its really strange its showint the year 1600

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
and what about the bios?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
(i cannot get mine to go back any farther than 1980)

jcherry117

jcherry117

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I can only chnge my back to 1980 as well but when the compute restarts is reverts to 1600. Its really crazy I fianaly gave up and just upgraded the motherboard and cpu to beable to resolve this.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Bummer you gave up...I'd love to see that...Send me the motherboard and CPU :tazz: