Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC History

• Please log in to reply

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Is it possible to delete the Internet History manually, so that its impossible to see what sites was visited in the past....... thanks

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi deadmenrwalking...

In Internet Explorer...
You can delete the history and temporary internet files by clicking "Tools" on the toolbar and selecting "Internet Options" Then click on "Delete Files" in the Temporary Internet Files section and on the "Clear History" button in the Browsing History section.

In Firefox...
Click "Tools" on the toolbar and select "Options". Click the "Privacy" icon and click on the "History" tab...click "Clear Browsing History Now".

wannabe1

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
hey, i know that but im talking about like when u go to yahoo.com and u click that space that list drops down of what uve been to, im talking about deleting that history

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Tools, internet options, content, auto complete, settings

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Wow Keith, thanks alot, that worked, and here i was scatchin my head tryin to figure it out, thanks a mill

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for posting the result

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Hey Keith, how well does that WinBackUp and Data Recovery that you've posted up there work.... Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
This is one of the comments about winbackup

Download the full and unlimited version of WinBackup 1.86 for free - rated "best backup software of the year" by Computer Shopper.

It is straight forward in use, and free so even if it is not to your liking, it won't have cost a bundle to find that out

As for data recovery, it was as succesful as anything else, however, two of the most important things for data recovery are: not writing anything to the drive, and recovering the data as soon as you can

It is worth downloading it ahead of needing it so you do not have to write to the drive when you install it, and can use it straight away

If you have room on the drive, not emptying the recycle bin is a good move

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Thanks, i already downloaded them both, just wondered how good they was before i installed em

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
My System Restore died thanks to viruses, so i kinda need a new restore thing to back the pc up, i got rid of the viruses, but cant seen to re enable the system restore

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could consider backing up the data and doing a clean install, though not essential, it will put everything back in place

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
How do i back the data up, using data recovery or winbackup

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got DVD Writing software

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
no, i dont have nothing like dvd burner, or any other type of dvd software

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
CD Writer?

Otherwise that's the missing link, you can make a folder called back up and copy things there, but this depends on nothing happening to the hard drive, not likely it would, but a possibility