Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC History

• Please log in to reply

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Everything else works, its just the System Restore

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What happens when you try to use system restore

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
when i use system restore it acts like its working, then when its done it says it couldnt finish or something like that, its been disabled by a virus or something then when i go to enable it, it ask me to restart and when i restart and go back to it its still disabled

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The problem with attempting to correct errors if a virus is present is that it never works, so run through this and post back here when they give the all clear

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

deadmenrwalking

deadmenrwalking

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Iv posted a hijackthis log once, but since i didnt respond last enough then they closed it down, they said i had some bad things in it, such as About Blank..... i printed out all they said to do and never did it cause i was afraid of messing something up, and thats the last thing i wanted to do

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Run all the programmes and post a new log in a new topic to the malware forum, if you do not understand anything they ask you to do, post back and ask them, the best way to deal with the malware team is to go one to one until it is clear, and they confirm it, rather than get a set of things to do and go off to try them.