Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

missing files!

• Please log in to reply

G_man_radio_netwerk

G_man_radio_netwerk

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
ok here is the deal.

my parents called me the other day and told me they had a problem with their computer. So i'm trying to find help and here is a good place to start.

So the other day after performing a system restore because their internet was not working, they started up and got an error message that some of their mcafee files were corrupt or damaged. So my mom re installed mcafee.

Later when my dad came home he told her she installed the wrong version of macafee, so then he installed the correct version and ran a scan.

Then he came back to do some work on some files or something, he found that most of the files in his "my documents" folder were missing. They told me no other directories were missing files....only my documents.

within the my documents folder were important tax files, college papers, hundreds of treasured photos and many other invaluable items...

any help on this topic would be appreciated

Advertisements

dagger

dagger

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
System restore as microsoft claims doesnot delete any files from "My Documents" folder.
http://www.microsoft...sysrestore.mspx

So check if anything else is the issue. And always before doing system restore, stop your antivirus program from running. They conflict a lot.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi G_man_radio_netwerk...

If you remember the exact name of one of the files, do a search including hidden folders and sub-folders. If the search turns it up, right click on it and choose "Open Containing Folder".

I hope this works for you... :tazz:

wannabe1