Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Back Up Utilities trouble

• Please log in to reply

rusynut

rusynut

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have purchased and used Acronis True Image to use for backup etc. I then put in a slave (M druve) and made a clone of C drive, as I feared an impending C drive crash. When I explored the clone in m, everything appeared to be there, however when I attempted to move files etc. back to the c drive, I was told 'access denied' . Has anyone heard of this? Is this an Acronis problem? XP? thanks for any tips. I fear another crash and would to wipe M clean and re-backup, but can not even delete the remains of M at this time. Additionally what does anyone think of Ghost compared to the Acronis? thanks to all for any tips.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
check the permissions on the slave drive. you may have to take ownership and then reset the permissions. right click the drive and go to properties, then to security, then advanced. here is where you can see what the effecitive permissions are. also make sure you are logged on with admin priviliges.