Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefield 2 "CD-Key Invalid"

• Please log in to reply

BoomShake007

BoomShake007

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok, I know this is a known issue, but so far nothing I've tried has fixed it.
I have Battlefield 2 with a legit key. I had played for a little while, got up to 530 global points, whatever. Patch 1.2 came out, I installed it, I got the "CD-Key Invalid" error. I eventually fixed it, but with the installation of patch 1.21 it's broken again.

EA says to go regedit the cd key entry with x9392YOURCDKEYHERE. Doesn't work
I tried without the x9392, doesnt work
I tried entering the key then using the BF2KeyChecker.exe or w/e which rehashes it, still doesnt work.
I updated punkbuster to latest version, doesnt work.
I manually uninstalled twice and reinstalled, didn't work.

Yes, I'm doing this all on the same Windows account.
I'm ready to pull out my hair here, any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs: (minimal since I dont think this is really a hardware issue)
Windows XP Pro SP2
Athlon64 3700+ socket939
ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 motherboard
9600XT 256MB AGP8x graphics card

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
uninstall the game, reboot. make sure the game install folder has been deleted. Then go into the registry and delete the main reg key for bf2 under hk_local_machine\software

reboot again and then reinstall and patch. if that does not fix the issue then you will be needing to contact EA directly.