Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer versus Google Toolbar?

• Please log in to reply

prariebelt

prariebelt

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I want to know the merits, if any in switching over to using the Google toolbar as opposed to continuing with the Internet Explorer tool bar. I am a PC novice so if the question seems dumb, it is because when it comes to PC's I am the same.

PB

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
I like the google toolbar. Just habit, I guess. But I prefer using the firefox browser and using the google search engine it has built in. :tazz:

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I'm also using firefox, yet I have installed the google toolbar for firefox anyway.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Clarification- when you install the Google toolbar, it is in addition to your regular browser toolbar(s), not a replacement. I use the Google toolbar and find it to be very handy. Using the options button you can configure it to suit your work habits.

Johanna

prariebelt

prariebelt

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your feedback