Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scanner - Windows Image Aquistion Service Probs

• Please log in to reply

Jellycat

Jellycat

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi - would appreciate some support on this one:-

Have a Canon SmartBase MP390 combo printer (fax printer scanner etc) connected via USB.

All functions ok i.e printing except I cannot scan.

Was working through ULead software PhotoExpress V8.0 but suddenly stopped when this software corrupted itself. Associated ULead software was deleted and re-installed but problem remained. Subsequently removed all ULead software from system. Problem still remains.

Event Log (system) indicates Windows Image Aquisition service (WIA) is successfully started but immediately enters the stopped state (It is set to "Automatic" by default) withe following error:
"The specified module could not be found"

Also - when launching "Windows Explorer" it takes approx 30 to 45 secs for folder trees to appear accompanied by the searching torch symbol.

If the WIA service is stopped, folders appear instantly.

The "Still Image Service" stisvc is apparently running.

I have installed drivers for an epson stand alone scanner, however on restart I get a "Device installer error" message saying " Windows could not load the installer for Image. Contact your vendor etc." It can be seen in Device Manager with a yellow exclamation mark against it.

Most start up progs have been disabled including Norton IS/AV whilst installing etc.

I have performed a "sfc /scannow" using the original XP home CD.

My system details:
OS XP Home
Version 5.1.2600 svc pk2
PC model Via Technologies KT40 8235
AMD 1 GHz
BIOS Phoenix Technologies 6.00 PG 13/2/2004
512 MB Ram

Can anyone help explain and get my scanning functions back again??

Cheers
Patrick
St Andrews Scotland

Advertisements