Network Password Issue on WinME
Posted 16 March 2006 - 04:06 PM
Posted 17 March 2006 - 02:52 AM
Right click on that icon>propertities>Configuration Tab half way down it it has primary
network logon Change this to windows logon click ok and reboot
Posted 17 March 2006 - 08:53 AM
Edited by neohavok, 17 March 2006 - 08:55 AM.
Posted 18 March 2006 - 01:00 AM
2. On the Configuration tab, click Windows Logon in the Primary Network Logon box, and then click OK.
3. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click No.
4. In Control Panel, double-click Passwords.
5. On the Change Passwords tab, click Change Windows Password, select any of the check boxes that you want, and then click OK.
NOTE: If you cancel the network logon dialog box when you start your computer, the Change Passwords tab may not be available. You must log on so that the Change Passwords tab is available.
6. In the Change Windows Password dialog box, type your current Windows password in the Old Password box. Leave the New Password and Confirm New Password boxes blank, click OK, and then click OK.
7. On the User Profiles tab, verify that the All users of this PC use the same preferences and desktop settings option is selected, and then click Close.
8. Click Start, point to Search (or Find), and then click For Files or Folders.
9. Type *.pwl in the Named box, click Local Hard Drives in the Look in box, and then press ENTER.
10. Right-click one of the .pwl files, click Rename, and then rename the file with an .old file name extension. Repeat this step for each .pwl file.
NOTE: If you do not rename the .pwl files, the passwords from those files may be detected by Windows and the Windows Logon request may continue to appear.
11. Shut down and then restart your computer.
Edited by peterm, 18 March 2006 - 01:17 AM.
Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:35 AM
Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:58 AM
if it is annoying then it is not minor
Thanks for leting me know it worked - that helps us a lot
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users