Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Having Problems With Audio On XP Computer

• Please log in to reply

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
Ah yes. That probably is what is going on. Is it only the mpeg4 files that are giving you problems? If so, I will look around and see what I can find about that.

Advertisements

hysteria

hysteria

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
thanks for looking around man. has anything of particular interest come up yet relating to mpeg4 audio problems?

daniel

Edited by hysteria, 04 April 2006 - 01:28 AM.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,802 posts
I haven't had much time lately, so I'm assuming that the media players you have do not support mpeg4 audio.

If I remember correctly, the latest version of QuickTime does.

QuickTime download

When installing it, it will give you the option to choose what files are associated with QuickTime (in other words, which files will be opened with quicktime), so you can choose just Mpeg4 or any other special ones that you may not have a media player for. That way, all the other ones, such as MP3 and WMA will still open with your player of choice, and the ones you don't have a player for will open with QuickTime.