Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

reinstall necessary?

• Please log in to reply

bigdan

bigdan

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I've been having problems with my keyboard for the last few months and NO ONE has been able to help. I've bought 3 other keyboards to test and neitehr of them will work. Furthermore they all work at the first screen when one restarts the computer, where you click delete to enter BIOS or f8 to go into safe mode. Therefore I'm concluding (and I could be wrong? please share opinions) that there is some kinda conflict somewhere. In this case if I reisntall windows would that fix the problem? Someone I dont know well told me this could lead to lots of problems if my keyboard isnt working, reinstalling can be really difficult and I might need to take it to a store etc etc. Can ANYONE advise? I've had this problem for motnhs and it doesnt look like its going anywhere.

Oh btw just to add: earlier on if the keyboard was even connected to the computer when windows started, the mouse wouldnt work either. I deleted the keyboard in control panel, since then if its connected to the computer its fine (and the mouse is fine too) but as soon as i press any button on the keyboard not only will it not work but the mouse will also freeze. can anyone explain what could be going on, and if i have any options besides reinstalling?

thanks guys
Dan

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
have you tried a usb keyboard?

also, right click MY COMPUTER choose MANAGE and then go to event viewer

any particular errors there?

bigdan

bigdan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
tried a usb and 2ps2s. same probs with each.

LOTS of errors under event vieweer. what type should i look for?