Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text Editor Query

• Please log in to reply

dosboot

dosboot

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
I hope this topic is 'programy' enough to put in this forum as this is sort of a first post for me (well not quite) and I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

What text editors do you all use for writing code? Do you use mainly free or commerical editors? I know there are some pretty neat free editors out there, but I haven't found one that makes managing very long programs easy. With big programs I have trouble finding certain sections quickly. Sometimes I try to make really big section titles with commented lines, but that is time consuming and the number of lines this adds is significant if I try to label every section and subsection.

Ideally I'd love to find an editor which allows to me to organize code like I organize folders. Something like being able to 'collapse' a whole bunch of lines into one single line, but it would have to have the capability to save as a simple plain text document.

Advertisements