Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

adding 2nd sata drive problem

• Please log in to reply

eddie565

eddie565

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I added a 80 gb sata drive to go with my 160 drive. They are both seagate drives. When i install the second one, it shows up in device manager as a removable drive. Everytime I click on it says insert disk. I went to gigabyte nd seagate, but they say I don't need drivers. I tried downloading drivers from gigabyte, but that did not fix the problem. I tried all three open sata ports.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hi there eddie565, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Did you set the jumpers correctly? At the back of the HD there are certain options, eg. "select cable", "master", "slave", ect. (Depending on what drive model, you may have more options) Try change it to slave and see what happens.

:tazz:

eddie565

eddie565

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The only jumpers on the back say factory use only. Everything I have read says not to touch them. There is no writing on the hard drive to tell me which pins to jump to make it slave.