Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan Bispy.B Please Help! [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Zswife

Zswife

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I have found Bispy.B Trojan on my husbands PC. We are running XP PRO. I have done several Antivirus scans such as Norton, housecall, AVG, and Symantec. The only one that detects the Trojan is AVG but it will not delete or put it into my virus vault. It says that it is an embedded object. This is the info it displays:

Object- C:/windows/system32/bi6.exe/biprep.exe
Result- Trojan horse, PSW.Bispy.B
Status- infected, embedded object

I don't know how I got this Trojan. I have zone alarm firewall, AVG anti virus, spybot search and destroy, spywareguard and spyware blaster on my PC. I do updates for these everyday. I also ran Trojan remover V6.1.6 but it cannot locate it either. I hardly use this PC as it is my husband and he has been away fighting the battle in the Middle East for the last year. It is mostly used to connect to the Internet since we are networked together. My personal PC is clean. I have tried to locate this file and I can't seem to find it. I have even done searches on this Trojan and there is not much information about it on the net. I am NOT very computer literate and could really use some help with this. I have been trying to get rid of this problem for the last 4 days but have been unsuccessful. My biggest fear is what kind of information it is gathering off our PC and what damage it is doing. If there is anyone out there that can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Zswife <_<

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Welcome Zswife,

Try running The Cleaner. It can be downloaded at http://www.moosoft.com

After, let us take a closer look at what is running on your PC. We'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and reply back here with the log file.

Click the HijackThis Guide in my signature, download it and follow the instructions in the guide.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

~ditto

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Please use the reply button to make new posts and refrain from starting new topics.

Thanks,
Nathan Huth

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.