Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Renaming the folder under 'C:\Documents and Settings\

• Please log in to reply

Divine1

Divine1

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I am trying to change the folder name under :\Documents and Settings\D I would rather it say 'Don' than 'D' so as not to have it confused with a D drive. I have tried everything i have changed the User name under 'User Accounts' in Control Panel and nothing seems to work. i know its not a serious issue but still.... please advise...

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...that folder wont change names....the folder is named after the username...changing the username wont change the folder..cuz all you technically changed is the display name...the computer thinks it's the same user..you would need to create a new user to change that folder....which..honestly isn't neccessary..t.here should be NO reason for you to confuse that folder with the d drive..and there's no way that any program would confuse that folder with the d drive...so you don't really have to worry about it...i think the fix isn't worth the trouble for something that trivial (i know it bugs you...but it shouldnt cause any issues i promise)

Divine1

Divine1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thank u.. i will just live wit it then. have a wonderful weekend and take care........