Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mr Invisible

• Please log in to reply

8Lo0

8Lo0

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys

I really need some help. I've been searching for an answer to my problem but seems no one can help.

We played a COD UO clan match against another clan (PB enabled, server passworded, spectate view disabled) and at certain times found this "1 Player" appear below the clan's names. (I've attached a screenshot, don't know if you guys can see it). We became suspicious because this kept happening at crucial times of the match. When we asked the other clan about this, they said its nothing and that it happens when someone tries to log onto the server with out the password. I immediately quit and logged back in without the password and couldn't get the "1 Player" to appear again. We suspected something wasn't right but carried on playing.

I contacted Activision about this, who came back with this reply:

Response (Rhett Chassereau) 02/16/2005 01:45 PM
Hello,

Thanks for contacting customer support. I have no info on how anyone could do this, but if they're doing so, it's through means we haven't tested, and obviously, don't support. As long as all appears fair, I wouldn't worry about it, but contact us again anytime.

I contacted them again, trying to find out if it's maybe an admin feature (part of the game) but they couldn't give me an answer. They said they only deal with game crashes etc. I then contacted PB but haven't had any response from them.

A friend of mine found someone in the states who had experienced the same (also in a clan match). They also couldn't figure out how it got there.

I don't think it is an actual cheat but something thats typed in console. I'm not very technical so have no idea where or what to look for. The only info i can give you is that the other clan had admins in their clan, who in turn had the server rcon password.

So, all i need answered is the following. Is it one of the rcon features? And if so, can you do it in 'invisible mode' and if you can, will it create that '1 Player' thing. If it's not a rcon feature, can anyone tell me how it's possible to do this.

I truely don't think it's a glitch in COD as Mr Invisible kept popping up at crucial times of the match.

Any help would be appreciated :tazz: shot0015Edit.JPG

Advertisements