Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Powerpoint Presentation to Projecter Problem

• Please log in to reply

crawf

crawf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone,

I am currently using Microsoft Powerpoint and i want to aim to view presentations on our church projecter. I've done this once before, but it wasn't as easy as what i hoped to be to view the presentations

I used the computer graphics card options (in the display menu) to go to the nVidia desktop managing software and told it to duplicate the screen when you press the F9 key, and it would send the presentation to the projector (After hitting the F5 key to run the presentation). But the problem was that when i did this, the computer screen would go back to the powerpoint project on the monitor and would freeze sort of so you couldn't use it, and on the projecter, the presentation screen would be there perfectly, but i can only see what you were doing by looking at the screen, which is hard to determine what the nexts slides are going to be, as the slides are not in order and i need to be able to sometimes go through randomly.

What i want to achieve (if its possible) is to be able to only press the F5 key, which would display it on the computer, as well as the projector, so that it can be navigated through easier. Or even better, if i could see the project window in powerpoint, so i would be able to see the next slide coming up.

Whether i need to do this from the graphics card options or not, im dont have any idea on how to set it up, so if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Ps. Just so you know, its not a laptop, otherwise pressing the Fn key would do this...

-Crawf

Advertisements