Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ouch! network down and now no access to internet!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dazed and computed

dazed and computed

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi

got a call from a distraught friend tonight saying her network was down and she couldn't now log on to the internet even from her old talktalk broadband modem. went round to see if my v limitted knowledge might help but i can't get the computer to lock on to the network signal and can't get onto the 'net to retrieve her encrypted password via the netgear router. tried to go online with her talktalk broadband modem and it tries to verify username and password for a long time and then displays error message 731(or 732? am at home now and can't quite remember!) that says (in help support centre, i think) that the remote computer is not responding. ouch!!!

this is my first post so total newbie here - please excuse any accidental breaches of etiquette but i wouldd be WAY greatful for any help - she's a fantastic woman who needs her computer for seriously cool, worthwhile work around the world.

hoping someone might have some idea how to proceed

miles :tazz:

ps she runs on xp home on a toshiba laptop that used to be pretty cool b4 it got all slow but that seemed to clear up after i deleted some spyware with webroot and emptied 22,000 files from her temporary internet files folder. would like to get her ewido installed as i have used this and it keeps finding stuff missed by norton(yeah i know, i know) and webroot but CAN'T GO ONLINE!!!arrgghhhh!!!

Edited by dazed and computed, 17 March 2006 - 05:19 PM.

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
User PMed saying issue was related to ISP...issue resolved.

Topic closed.