Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Burning Problem

• Please log in to reply

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hello all,

My friend recently sent me a file he made, and I wanted to burn this onto a disk, the file format is VOP and others, I have a Pioneer 108, but can't seem to burn anything, im using nero, and will paste a picture of what error I get when I try to.

I've tried to burn another DVD file, and transcodes all the files, but then fails after that, im getting very annoyed :tazz:

Im not sure if im missing anything?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Posted Image

Thanks Again

Jim

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Any chance of a larger image please?

Many thanks.

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Apologies about the image, heres a bigger one.

http://www.sighost.u.../appologies.jpg

Thanks

Jim

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts
Did you say "yes" to the response asking if you wanted to save the errors log? If so, what is in the error log file?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Another thing to check is just before you click burn, click record settings and tick determine maximum write speed

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thank you all for replying, I have tried ticking determine maximum speed, and the same problem accurs.

I did save the error log, but is VERY long, and would be impossible to fit onto this forum lol.

Cheers

Jim

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have another screenshot which might help, or might be aload of rubbish :-)

http://www.sighost.u...aH/problem2.jpg

Thanks

Jim

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Has this started doing it or always done it, have you tried different makes of disc, what speed are the discs rated at

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
wow quick reply :tazz:

When I first got my pc, It did work fine, but must be over a year ago, its been about 6 months with the same problem, and now I have abit of time to look at it, I've used various disks like imation, sony, and goodmans, but still have the same problems.

Jim

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you clicked start smart then the word NERO at top then check for updates

Advertisements

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey, I've just installed 3 updates which were available, have just tried another burn, and again gets stuck on the action : creating directories, the overal % is around 92 I would say, my mind is puzzled. I did get a different error, which was "This CD is not writeable, please insert a writable disk", and this is a brand new DVD+R.

Jim

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, then also from system tools, run disc defragmenter

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, (all files will highlight), right click any file, click delete, confirm then reboot.

Download, install and run
Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up disc clean up

Run Tune Up registry clean up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, the screen will lose colour during the process which can take a few minutes and then needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot.

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Then check for firmware updates for the CD / DVD Drives

If you do not have the details

Download and install Everest Home Edition

Run the programme, click + next to computer then summary

Look on right for storage / optical drives

Look at the manufacturer’s site for the suitable drivers for your Operating System

If you are unable to find them, please post the make and model here before you download anything

Please set a system restore point before you install anything

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks for your reply, I've just done the whole of the Tune-Up part / delete the files from run, downloaded the 108 firmware, but say's caanot locate the source, with all this, I again tried to Burn the DVD, and the same thing accured, maybe I should just give up?

Cheers

Jim

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did it give you the option to browse and locate the file

Click start then right click my computer, click properties then hardware then device manager, locate the drive, right click it, click remove, confirm then reboot

I hope you are using RW discs

JimaaaH

JimaaaH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Im using DVD-R disks, is that a problem, and thanks i'll try that step now