Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can no longer print or access files over the network

• Please log in to reply

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi
I recently set up a home network which was set for open access but after a few weeks I decided to add security. I have added WPA security but now i can no longer print or access files over the network. :tazz:

Edited by hendaz, 19 March 2006 - 10:18 AM.

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
If you have Windows Firewall on you may have to modify it to work, try this if you are. Otherwise, try modifying your Firewall.

Start > Control Panel > (left pane) Switch to Classic View > Windows Firewall > Exceptions > Look for File and Printer Sharing > Tick it (or make sure its ticked).

See if that makes a difference.

hendaz

hendaz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Yes its ticked, remember i used to be able to print and share before i added secruity.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I had a problem with accessing files over the network until OSC posted help in a post I had. Try what OSC wrote 3 posts up from the bottom, try this, and tell me the outcome, thanks :tazz:.

Link to my post: http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=101925

Edited by SuperSam, 19 March 2006 - 05:36 PM.