Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet disconnecting

• Please log in to reply

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Put it at 1 meg and let's see if it helps your disconnect problem. If not, try it with 6 meg. If it still happens, put it back on 1 meg, since 6 megs is rather far from what you have.

I have a strong feeling your problem is due to a hardware problem or a problem with your ISP (although they claim otherwise). However, I can continue troubleshooting with you if you'd like me to.

If you would like to continue troubleshooting, please download and run hijackthis Do a scan and then save a log. Take the log and ATTACH IT (do not post) to your next post.

We do not like to post hijackthis logs in sections other than the malware forum as we do not want to encourage people to post malware issues in this forum.

I am not looking for malware. I am looking for what programs or combinations of programs might cause this behavior. If I notice any malware, I will redirect you to the malware forum.

If you post a hijackthis log in this forum, several trusted techs will come to your house and eat all of your Ritz crackers, Cheeze Doodals and any sweet pickles you have in your fridge. We will also put our feet up on all of your coffee tables. This is no joke. We'll do it. It's not pretty. :tazz:

Advertisements

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
gettting this error message up when trying to attach whats wrong
"Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload a file with that file extension."

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you have to change the file extension form .log to .txt if you don't know how to do that let me know

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
ok there u go

Attached Files

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
You do have an infection (or at least what's left of one). I'm not a malware expert, so I'm not sure if it is the cause of your problem or not. Let's get you cleaned up before we do anything else.

Please follow all the directions found here. After you get to step 5, if your problem is not resolved, post a HijackThis log in the Malware forum. If your problem persists after getting a clean bill of health from a malware expert, return here and we'll continue troubleshooting.

Keep in mind, the malware forum is very busy and can take up to 5 days to receive a reply. There is a special forum called The Waiting Room if you've been waiting for 3 or more days. You can put a link to your topic & a short description of your problem and someone will get with you soon.

Edited by computerwiz12890, 23 March 2006 - 04:30 PM.

mk1james

mk1james

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Done! but have to go so i will find out some tomorow or the next day if it has worked.