Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

x64 and raid

• Please log in to reply

cheema

cheema

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I just built a computer. I installed two idential 250GB hdds. When I go to install raid from the floppy that came with the mobo, i get something that says the drivers for RAID aren't compatible with the current version of windows. So I go to the mobo's website and download the x64 raid drivers and put them on a floppy. But when I try to load the drivers from the floppy, i get a message that states, "textsetup.oem" not found. I take out the floppy, check the contents and sure enough textsetup.oem is in the diskette. However, I overwrite the files and put the same ones back in just in case I might have screwed up the first time. I get the same message agian. Any help?

Advertisements

ahulett

ahulett

Staff Expert

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Issue was addressed in #geekstogo. The floppy shipped with the motherboard has 32-bit drivers, not 64-bit. When the ZIP containing the x64 drivers was downloaded and extracted to the floppy, all the files were going into a folder on the floppy rather than on the root. Moving the files to the root allowed Windows setup to find and use the drivers on the disk.

Thanks,

Aaron

Edited by ahulett, 19 March 2006 - 12:19 AM.