Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

ipod/computer issues

• Please log in to reply

sportskd2

sportskd2

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
ok well to get to the point my ipod nano 4gb and when i plug it into my usb port my computer loads and tells me theis device can perform faster which is normal and something new comes up which is safely remove hardware

i have had problems before but all i had to do was restart my ipod
now i have restarted it and done everything else on the internet i can find :tazz:

i have a feeling i hit a button to make my ipod to open to a program other than itunes

how can i make my ipod use itunes as its default program?
if its not this problem, would u think it is my computer or ipod?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
what exactly is the problem?
does the computer detect the ipod?

you've given info...but....not the actual problem

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
I need to check something, do the following please:

Start > Right click my computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager.

Scroll down to Universal serial Bus controllers, click the "+". Do you see anything here reading something along the lines "Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host controller", if so, left if the text, where the little gray usb logo is, does it have a cross through it?

sportskd2

sportskd2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
thank u for trying to help but i talked to sum1 from circut city and they helped me solve the problem