Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

photo editing

• Please log in to reply

Pluto56

Pluto56

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Does anyone know how to get a mirror image of a pic? Either with Paint, Office Picture Manager, or anything else? Without buying some fancy photo editing program?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Why can't you just flip the image? Even paint can flip an image either vertically or horizontally.

SRX660

Pluto56

Pluto56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
ok srx, couldn't get it to work earlier, but does now???? I got it to flip and show the mirror image.

Here's what I'm trying to do. I'm on another forum, totally unrelated to computers. Just for laughs I'm trying to put the left side of my face with the mirror of the same, and the right side of my face with the mirror of the same. I hear it makes a wild contrast, sort of your evil side, and your good side.

Strange I know, but wondering how you can do it. Haven't messed around much with photo imaging.

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I don't know why you want to try this with paint. It is so much easier to use a photo program to split the picture in half, adjust the colors in each half and put them back into a single photo. You can buy Paint shop pro 8 for around $10-15 off ebay. It would be much easier than trying to use paint. Paint is really a poor program for anything.

I can explain how to do this but it will have to wait until i have the time. I just visited here just before going to work right now.

SRX660

Pluto56

Pluto56

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Thanks SRX, but I've been playing around with it this morning. Finally figured out how to do it.