Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Hosting CoD Server at home w/ router

• Please log in to reply

Snippy

Snippy

• PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
Hi i need :tazz: hosting a cod server at home with a wireless linksys router.i tried to host it many times but it wouldn't show up in internet servers only in local. If you would plz :) I would greatly appreciate it thx alot!!!

Advertisements

Sovereign

Sovereign

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hey, Snippy.

I'm glad you know you have a router, because that'll save some time. What you need to do is forward the port 2890 to allow incoming connections on your router. If that doesn't work, we need to set up a DMZ host. That probably doesn't make alot of sense, but that's okay right now. First, do you happen to know what kind of router you have? Popular brands are 'Linksys' or 'D-Link'. Look around on your router to see if you notice either name there. Secondly, do you know if you have Service Pack 2? If you go into the control panel, under System, it should tell you just under "System: Microsoft Windows XP".

Edited by Sovereign, 21 March 2006 - 04:27 PM.

Snippy

Snippy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
i have a linksys router but i don't know how to do port fowarding can you plz tell me cause it says something about port triggering could that be it?