Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Read Only Removal

• Please log in to reply

GiovanniX

GiovanniX

• Pip
  • 1 posts
The sims 2 cd i purchsed from Ebay said i need to change the language from thai to english and it says after i put in the neccessary typing i must save it in the disk as an .exe file. the only problem is it is a read only file and wont let me save it properly....can soemone help me?

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there GiovanniX, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Well those instructions defintly cant be right. Please post the instructions you recieved here. Usually on the original CD you cannot right over the old .exe or add any new files.

When you insert The Sims 2 the installation screen should come up with list of languages.

Let me know :tazz:

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 18 March 2006 - 11:09 PM.

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
GiovanniX,

Another good idea is to make sure what your purchased from the ebay seller is legal, and authentic.

Edited by SuperSam, 19 March 2006 - 05:39 PM.

Sovereign

Sovereign

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Make sure you have a backup of any file you're editing or overwriting before you do anything, because these instructions sound kinda weird.

To toggle the read-only status of a file, right click on it, go to properties, and near the bottom there should be white box with "read only" next to it. Click that box so there is no check mark. If there already isn't a check mark then let us now. Something else is your problem.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Sounds like a copied version of the game, buy an original.