Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

missing or corrupt file

• Please log in to reply

hiphopbabe

hiphopbabe

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
well it happened again i fix 1 corrupt file the i get another missing file or corrupt this time the msg is windows\system32\1_int1.nls im on the verge of throwing my computer out the window or saving up 2 buy a new 1 lol :tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Did you get anywhere with this?

http://www.geekstogo...ndpost&p=603597

hiphopbabe

hiphopbabe

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
i did what u told me to with the repair on 1 corrupt file and it worked brill but i tried it again and i get the msg failed to successfully scan disk for windows installation. this error maybe caused by a corrput file system. i used chkdsk to dectect any didc errors and i get the msg the volume appears to be in good condition and was not checked. dont know what to do next

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try this

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD.

Windows File Protection will show an on screen blue progress bar which will simply disappear when the scan is complete, reboot when it does

System File Checker gives an administrator the ability to scan all protected files to verify their versions. If System File Checker discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the cache folder %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.

System File Checker also checks and repopulates the cache folder. You must be logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group to run System File Checker.

The System File Check is only concerned with replacing missing or corrupt system files, and does not affect installed software or data