Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help building ultimate console system

• Please log in to reply

jacobusmatthew

jacobusmatthew

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
Ok, so here it is, the ultimate system for playing console games. My idea is to stick every console possible into one box (i.e. computer case).

Ok now this system working is completely based off of one concept im not sure will work. My question is...is it possible to convert an xbox controller to every other system. I know the obvious ones like Ps2 and GCN, but i want to make an xbox controller work with a SNES , N64, and a Genesis. Idealy I will have 4 xbox controllers spliced into every console, that when a console is turned on it will recognize the controller while its still plugged into the others even though its plugged into the others. It should work because the other consoles aren't on. I know they make a converter for almost every controller to convert to USB, so if I can't get them to directly convert to each other, then can i make a board (which i dont know how to do i would have to look it up) that accepts usb and then sends out the signal to every system.

They make the converters that convert Keyboard and Mouse to Xbox, that you can program, so if I can make a converter and program which xbox buttons do what, that would be ideal.

Also is it possible to replicate the catridge interface so that i can create an additional mount for the cartridge. So in theory, I could place the cartridge interface anywhere i wanted and reconnect it at another location.

Advertisements