Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help w/ installing RAM and video card plz

• Please log in to reply

johnny boy

johnny boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
then with my budget...would it be beter to jstu buy another 256 mb of ram..and little bit better of a card?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

then with my budget...would it be beter to jstu buy another 256 mb of ram..and little bit better of a card?

My oppinion is that you should save up abit more so you can get the 512mb of ram then get a better video card.

I dont think you will be satisfied with the purchase of 256Mb more memory and a little better video card.

You can play the game with 512Mb ram minimum but it will be choppy at times and the video card needs to be pretty fast for it to game smoothly also.

Cod2 takes alot of power to just game smootly so the most you can get on memory and video card power will help alot.

johnny boy

johnny boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
okay, then for my budget would it be better to buy a more expensive vid card...such as the Crucial RADEON 9600SE 128MB AGP[/b]

And then jsut buy 256 mb of ram instead of 512?

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

okay, then for my budget would it be better to buy a more expensive vid card...such as the Crucial RADEON 9600SE 128MB AGP[/b]

And then jsut buy 256 mb of ram instead of 512?

P.S. dont just go by price and think that the video card will be faster. You see that SE on the video card. It is actually a cheaper made version of the real thing. So its only half the bandwidth of the original 9600 would be.

That card has 3.2Gb/s memory bandwidth and it would be completely unplayable.... You need more power in a video card sorry buddy.

johnny boy

johnny boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
okay..umm then how about jstua new vid card...and no ram

Edited by johnny boy, 19 March 2006 - 08:20 PM.

johnny boy

johnny boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
and could u suggest one plz..thats around $100