Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First build having problems

• Please log in to reply

millertime214

millertime214

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi everybody! A couple weeks ago you all helped me pick my computer specs for my first build. I just finished putting it all together last night. I booted it up & it actually started! :tazz: The problem is that it won't recognize that a keyboard is plugged in. I know the keyboard works because I was using it on this comp only 10 minutes earlier. Also, I have an optical mouse & the light on it isn't on either (did I mention that the Num Lock light isn't turned on on the keyboard?). I don't know what to do here. My mobo is the MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum. When I boot up the system the screen comes on & I don't hear any beeps. It sits at this Platinum screen for a while & occasionally it goes to the next screen where it scans the memory etc. I'm really hoping that I won't have to return my new mobo & wait for a replacement, so any help you guys can give me to actually fix the thing would be great! Thank you all so much!

Advertisements

millertime214

millertime214

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Well, it appears to work for a brief second if I wiggle the PS/2 port just the right way. Apparently the mouse gets power this way, but the keyboard only flashes for a moment. I just don't see how this can be fixed by me, so I'm just gonna RMA it unless somebody can get back to me very soon. Thanks for your help.