Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System keeps crashing in game

• Please log in to reply

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
Hey, how are u guys? i love ur site it has been a lot of help for everyone. i am having problem with my system crashing. i also get some artifacts when i game. i checked all the temps and they look good. i am not overclocking.

Motherboard 32 C (90 F)
CPU 34 C (93 F)
WDC WD1200JB-00GVC0 30 C (86 F)

i thought i was my video card so i sent it in. they gave me a new one. but it is still doing it. after a system crashes (which is useally in game) i send the error report in and i get this message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Error caused by a device driver

Thank you for sending an error report to Microsoft.

Error report summary

Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
Cause : Unknown device driver
Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Next steps

We have analyzed your error report and at this time are unable to determine the exact cause of the error. However, Microsoft will continue to analyze this error report to try to determine the specific cause of the error. If we are able to find the cause and correct it, and you encounter the same problem, you will receive an updated response that includes instructions for resolving the problem.

Article ID : 10
Last Review : December 21, 2005
Revision : 2.0

Additional Technical Information

How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft is interested in your opinions about Windows Error Reporting so that we can continue to serve you better. Please take a few minutes to complete the following anonymous survey.

Take Survey

You can track this error report by clicking the Track this error report link. If you choose to track your error report, you will be notified of resolutions to this problem as they are identified.

Track this error report

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i dont know what is causeing this to happen. my next guess would be ram but i dont know. here are some of the SS i got of the artifacts.
sshot0012.JPG
huh.JPG

and here are my system specs

Field Value
Computer
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name SETH
User Name Seth and Jamie

Motherboard
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 1800 MHz (9 x 200) 2800+
Motherboard Name Asus K8V SE Deluxe (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 1 WiFi, 3 DDR DIMM, Audio, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset VIA VT8383 Apollo K8T800, AMD Hammer
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (02/09/04)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)

Display
Video Adapter RADEON 9800 PRO - Secondary (128 MB)
Video Adapter RADEON 9800 PRO (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (R350)
Monitor ViewSonic E90f+-3 [19" CRT] (35Y041100334)

Multimedia
Audio Adapter Creative SB0350 Audigy 2 ZS Sound Card

Storage
IDE Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller
SCSI/RAID Controller D347PRT SCSI Controller
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive WDC WD1200JB-00GVC0 (111 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive IC USB Storage-CFC USB Device
Disk Drive IC USB Storage-SMC USB Device
Disk Drive IC USB Storage-MMC USB Device
Disk Drive IC USB Storage-MSC USB Device
Disk Drive HP photosmart 7600 USB Device
Optical Drive _NEC DVD_RW ND-2500A (DVD+RW:8x/4x, DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD:32x/16x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
Optical Drive Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions
C: (NTFS) 114463 MB (56780 MB free)

Input
Keyboard Microsoft PS/2 Keyboard (IntelliType Pro)
Mouse HID-compliant mouse

Network
Network Adapter Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter, Copper RJ-45 (192.168.1.101)

Peripherals
Printer hp photosmart 7600 series
USB1 Controller VIA VT83C572 PCI-USB Controller
USB2 Controller VIA USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device photosmart 7600 series (DOT4USB)
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
USB Device USB Human Interface Device
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device
USB Device USB Printing Support

PLZ help i am lost what to do.

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Try updating your video card drivers. If you have never updated it then that is the problem. Sometimes also if you get too new of drivers for an older card like yours it could also have problems.

Try to update to the latest video card drivers first if it still happens try to find some drivers on google that is alittle bit newer than the current drivers you use for your video card now.

also make shure you have the latest directx 9.0c. You should have it but make shure.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
i am running DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c). i have the newest driver for the video card
Version 6.3 with Catalyst Control Center (34MB) ( .NET is required ). i havent changed anything yet. should i go look for an older driver like the 5.5. i also included everything u need to know about my system see attatchment
Attached File  Report.htm   296.57KB   68 downloads

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I tried the 5.1 driver. still doing it.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
could it be my ram

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I see you have lots of ram 1024, so can I ask a question, is this the only game that you have problems with, have you been on the game's site to check if there's a known bug with certain configs, they will probably have the patch too.

All feedback, good or bad, is welcome

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
no it is not the not the only game. it does it for bfme1, bfme2, and bf2. i do not notice anything on BFV. i am running 2 differnt sticks of ram. now can u run dual channel ram in a nondual channel MoBO. cause i have 2 corsair daul channel ram stick but i can only run one of the in. otherwise is causes all kids of crashes and crazy stuff. and why does it do thaT?

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I will take this problem to work in the morning where hopefully the other goblintechs will mumble something tangible between their cigarettes and their screwdrivers, but no promises.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
:whistling:

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
someone PLZ help me.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
I figured out the problem somewhat. it was the MB. i think it must have a bad slot for my ram. i took one stick out no problems. put the stick i took out back in and no problems :whistling: . but when both are in problems. so i bought new MB and cpu. havent installed it yet but i am sure it was the problem.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
How many ram slots are there on your mobo? Anyway, I will ask at work tomorrow thought I am sorry I forgot this time. I myself don't the answer here.

SeraphHHC

SeraphHHC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
three slots. which is very unstable. but i am sure it was that. i dont need anymore help. just thought u might wamt to know what was wrong. i bought new MB and a cpu. just have to teach my self how to instal it.