Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

task manager broken!

• Please log in to reply

planejane

planejane

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi

when i bring up task manager i can't see applications or processes or anything - can't even see the little red box to close it! (although i can close it by right-clicking on what looks like a '%cpu usage icon' that appears in the taskbar. really wanted to use it to see what's happening as my laptop is running s-l-o-w-l-y!!!

i would be really, REALLY grateful for any help as i'm worried that there's something nasty going on! :tazz:

oh yeah - when i go on to amazon.co.uk to hire dvds it no longer has 'my store tab' as if it doesn't know who i am and amazon say that they have no record of my email address or account (even though they are taking money!!!!)...don't know if this has anything to do with anything but thought i would mention it in case it helps.

truly hoping that you can help

plane jane :)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Double click task manager at the top