Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limewire 4.2.98 - Really safe?

• Please log in to reply

ssilk

ssilk

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
This spyware article by Mike Healan, which is referred to in the "How did I get in fected" area says that Limewire 4.2.98 is safe & clean. Can anyone back this up?

If it's installed, will it update itself to a newer version that's got spyware?

If I have the installer for this version, what can I scan it with to make sure it's safe first? I scanned it with AVG, which showed it to be safe, but I don't know what else to check it with.

Thanks.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well here at G2G we cant really help you with P2P its against the ToS, however as a warning most of the P2P networks like limewire do have some form of spyware included and the ones that dont the files on the network are riddled with malware and you shouldnt use them for that reason not only tht they are illegal files.

ssilk

ssilk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
My apologies, didn't know P2P was taboo here.

Mods, feel free to delete thread.