Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xbox 360 on my lcd

• Please log in to reply

UNC

UNC

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
I just finaly got my 7900 gt and my lcd monitor. I want to hook up my xbox 360 to my monitor. How can i do that?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You have a 7900GT and youre still messin around with an xbox lol.

What connections does your monitor have VGA, DVI or both, if it is one of the newer ones with an HDMI you should allready have the cables i think otherwise you need a set of multimedia adapters with whatever you want to use out of your xbox to DVI or VGA, you can pick them up at most big supermarkets or electronics shops.

UNC

UNC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

You have a 7900GT and youre still messin around with an xbox lol.

What connections does your monitor have VGA, DVI or both, if it is one of the newer ones with an HDMI you should allready have the cables i think otherwise you need a set of multimedia adapters with whatever you want to use out of your xbox to DVI or VGA, you can pick them up at most big supermarkets or electronics shops.

it has a vga and a dvi. The xbox has hdtv support, but i dont know if my monitor supports hd. So do you have a link to a website with the adapter? Thanks.

Another thing i wanted to know was if i could connect my computer to my tv so my tv acts as a monitor. I have an s video cable, but my tv doesnt have s video. It only has component. Could i buy a converter from s video to component?

P.S. I like my new card, but it is so [bleep] loud I can hear it over my t.v.

Edited by UNC, 19 March 2006 - 10:28 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It depends where you live as to what website but like i said its the kind of thing you can pick up for a fiver, with the old xbox the best combo i used was the svideo to VGA but youll get Svideo to DVI or better HDMI to DVI if you cant connect it straight to the HDMI allready. You also get Svideo to component if you get an adapter kit then it will come with this, you can buy individual adapters but it works out cheaper to get the kits and everywhere ive ever been you can find them.

Also if your gfc card is too loud you can get special after market coolers for it. If you hae a 7 series you can get one of the new arctic coolers which are very quiet at 0.4 sone.