Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

want to get rid of avg

• Please log in to reply

Angelia

Angelia

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
run a panda scan and found some stuff i want to remove so i downloaded free trial and couldn't download cause of avg delted avg through add remove programs and file folders but still when try to install panda it says can't download cause of avg run hijack and didn't see avg listed deleted panda and redownloaded it but still the same any ideas would greatly help thanks

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then search, include hidden and system files, look for AVG / Grisoft, send any to the recycle bin, leave them there and reboot, try Panda

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
hate to bother i was going to do what you said but this morning when started computer up received startup error that a program i had uninstalled or going to install something about start up to continue mash any key and the file attached to start up was
SHLDDRV.VXD
AVG WAS THE ONLY THING TRIED TO UNINSTALL AND PANDA INSTALL
BUT AVG DOES START UP WHEN COMPUTER STARTED I HAD TO RESTART IN SAFEMODE AND INSTALL AVG AGAIN TO GET TO DESKTOP SO NOW I'M WORRIED ABOUT UNINSTALLING IT AGAIN

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, programmes, accessories, system tools, system information, tools, then run system file check, replace any files it asks for from the 98 CD

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
it says no files missing also don't have the cd your talking about two year old got a hold of it and scratched it up so bad it doesn't work.
I did what you said and deleted every file avg and rebooted on start up this time it specifically said a file associated with avg thats after removing it again from add remove program and showing all files and deleting them from option you requested and panda still wouldn't run.
Don't want to mess computer up just want to get rid of avg long enough to remove the programs that only panda has found.your help is greatly appreciated.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the PC runs properly with AVG installed then re-install it and then

Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

They will tell you if you have files you don't want

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
thanks so much do you think i have malware thats causing this problem?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Programmes can report things to justify their existence, if AVG is up to date then it is unlikely that you will end up with a virus it does not stop or tell you about

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
thanks again for your help i'm attaching panda scan it looks harmless just want to get stuff off but thanks again for all your help

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/gator Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\HDPlugin1101.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:application/funweb Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\DOWNLOADED PROGRAM FILES\f3initialsetup1.0.0.15.inf
Potentially unwanted tool:application/myway Not disinfected C:\PROGRAM FILES\MyWay
Potentially unwanted tool:application/winantivirus2006 Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\WinAntiVirus Pro 2006
Potentially unwanted tool:application/need2find Not disinfected HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NEED2FIND
Potentially unwanted tool:application/mywebsearch Not disinfected HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{07B18EA9-A523-4961-B6BB-170DE4475CCA}
Adware:Adware/Gator Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\HDPlugin1101.dll
Adware:Adware/Gator Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\HDPlugin1101.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/FunWeb Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\f3initialsetup1.0.0.15.inf
Spyware:Spyware/SafeSurf Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\nslF143.TMP\nsisdl.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Need2Find Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq1380.TMP\bar\1.bin\N2PLUGIN.DLL.tcf
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Need2Find Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq1380.TMP\bar\1.bin\NPND2FN.DLL.tcf
Adware:Adware/TopRebates Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq2001.TMP\WebRebates1.exe
Adware:Adware/TopRebates Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq2001.TMP\WebRebates0.exe.tcf
Spyware:Spyware/Altnet Not disinfected C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\YPSR\Quarantine\ppq2015.TMP\mysearch.cab

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I can see a couple you do not need so post a HJT log in a new topic in the malware forum

Angelia

Angelia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
thanks so much for your patience and time it is greatly appreciated.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
No problem

Hope it goes well